- User Since
- Jan 24 2017, 1:34 PM (43 w, 3 d)
Tue, Oct 31
Oct 12 2017
Thank you @baimafeima :) . Everything ok, hope I can come back soon and contribute more to this awesome community :)
I'm unclaiming this, because because of circunstances in my life, atm I don't have the time to continue the work, so better leave it for other community members with more time to dedicate to it. I'll still work on it if I ever find the time, but in the meantime, may be someone else can finish it.
Sep 24 2017
Updated to the latest version of slop.
Sep 23 2017
Thanks, I'll update and test the patch tomorrow
Sep 22 2017
Nice to see the team growing!!
Sep 12 2017
Aug 29 2017
Updating the revision, as a new version has been released since the initial revision was sent.
Hi Justin, I think those issues are the same I found. I fixed the CMake problem using regex (ugly regex that should be refined, but it compiled). Just in case it helps, you can have a look at the patch I submited for openbabel, T3116.
Hope it helps.
Aug 13 2017
Aug 12 2017
Aug 10 2017
Fix license, now it's GPL 3.0
Aug 9 2017
Aug 4 2017
Hi @baimafeima. We are ready in terms of dependencies needed. Right now zanshin can be built, but, unfortunately, it wouldn't pass the tests, as it crashes when trying to add events (using akonadi built with mysql as depenency enabled, which isn't merged). This is most problably due to akonadi needing some more tweaking (it throws akonadi wrong payload exceptions). As far as I know, @sunnyflunk is working on akonadi. We will need new builds and testing when changes in akonadi are applied.
Jul 25 2017
Jul 23 2017
Jul 9 2017
Wow, just 3 days and 15 hours? Setting sails!
Whish the best in this journey for @ikey and for all the Solus comunity!!
Jul 3 2017
Jul 1 2017
Change summary formatting
Jun 30 2017
Nice, looking forward to those changes in akonadi, as so far fixing problems with akonadi seem to be the last bit necessary for T3007 (zanshin) running properly... (throwing Akonadi Payload exceptions when trying to create events).
Jun 20 2017
Jun 19 2017
Jun 18 2017
Jun 17 2017
@Daniel-at-github Can't reproduce the bug in my system . Is your system fully updated? The bug I reported seems to have been solved with latest updates...
I've tested this again and now can't reproduce the issue. I assume this has been solved by some package update, so, I'm marking this as resolved.
What desktop are you using? Would be interesting knowing if it's Mate, as it might be related to this one: T3560
Jun 16 2017
Jun 15 2017
Jun 13 2017
Jun 9 2017
Jun 8 2017
Lolll, thanks XD, happy to see it solved, already giving a bad life to my laptop thanks to packaging, couldn't afford burning it with a hungry libreoffice...
Apparently, this patch for glib2 could fix it: https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/commit/?id=9ba95e25b74adf8d62effeaf6567074ac932811c
I think it's glib2, @sunnyflunk . Following this steps makes disappear the bug on my system:
- Grab and install glib2-2.52.1-30-1 from the repos
- Uninstall all libreoffice and grabb and install libreoffice-calc-5.3.3-40-1, libreoffice-common-5.3.3-40-1, libreoffice-writer-5.3.3-40-1 (only those 3 for testing purposes suffice)
Jun 7 2017
And yet more... Yeah, I'm a bit stubborn XD... More interesting info:
So, more on this... I finally have been able to build and package the "stable" version (5.2.7). Uninstalled everything and delete config files under ~/.configure, then installed libreoffice 5.2.7. Unfortunately it makes no difference for me: libreoffice continues eating CPU and overheating the laptop to the point that I have to close it.
Anychances that other office suite makes it's way into Solus while this doesn't get fixed upstream? Like Calligra, for example?
Jun 5 2017
I can confirm the same issue. I've tried to compile and package the "stable" version of libreoffice, but without any luck so far. It needs liborcus-0.11 (we are on 0.12). I builded and packaged liborcus-0.11, but still the build fails and can't find any relevant information. Tried installing libreoffice flatpak, but it causes same issues...
May 31 2017
Depends on libgravatar.
May 30 2017
Fix licenses: add LGLP-2.1
Fix licences: add LGPL-2.1
Fix licenses: add LGPL-2.1
Fix licenses, adding LGPL-2.1
May 29 2017
Removing split of sqldrivers
Removing unneeded dependencies.
May 28 2017
Argh.. Now I won't be able to stop until I understand why it fails for me XD
Dropping mariadb-libs, no longer needed.
I've been digging into this. As JoshStrobl has pointed, it is affecting several distros, but a post in an opensuse forum revealed that a new package build against old wxwidgets2.8 series solved the issue made me give this idea a try. I've rebuilt amule against wxwidgets2.8 and can confirm that it solves this problem. I delivered the package to two friends who are using Solus and amule. With previous version amule was completely unusable due to the memory leak making the system useless. With the new version amule runs without any issues. One of my friends has been running it for 14 hourse with same amount of work/downloads as before, while previously he had to stop it in 10 minutes.
I'm sending a patch for consideration: D242.
May 27 2017
Removed gnome dependencies. Still needing some investigation
about warnings under mate about missing adwaita theme engine,
but at least this could be an starting point, and akonadi can
be started and keeps running without it.
Fixing the spelling errors. Thanks for the review, paying more
attention to this in the future :D.